Demand Logic Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the rules and content standards
that apply when you use the Demand Logic website and cloud software
(the “DL Platform”), upload content or data, or interact with other
The DL Platform, located at demandlogic.co.uk and its
sub-domains, is operated by Demand Logic Ltd (“we” or “us”). We are
a limited company registered in England and Wales under company
number 06458599 and with registered office at Here East, East Bay
Lane, London, E20 3BS.
This notice is provided in a layered format so you can
click through to the specific areas set out below.
In order to provide you with secure access to your user account, we
will create an account with your email address and a temporary
password. When you first access your account, you must change your
password to a strong password that only you know. Your password is
part of our security procedures and you must treat such information
as confidential. You must not disclose the details to any third
party. You must never share your account details or password.
We have the right to disable any user account if we have reason to
believe there is a security breach.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your
password, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use the DL Platform only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the DL Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or
international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful
or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re‐use any
material which does not comply with our content standards (see
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or
unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form
of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that
contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time‐bombs, keystroke
loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar
computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any
computer software or hardware.
- To infringe the rights of any person or entity, including
without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy,
publicity or contractual rights.
- To post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that:
- infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s
patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or
other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or
- violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any
applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil
- is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment
or harm against any individual or group;
- is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions
that are threatening to any other person; or
- promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- For any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly
permitted by our terms and conditions under which your access is
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, store, copy or re‐sell any part of
the DL Platform, including displaying, mirroring or framing our
the DL Platform, or any individual element of it, the trademark,
logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of
any page or form contained on a page in the DL Platform, without
our prior written consent.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or
- any part of the DL Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the DL Platform is
- any software used in the provision of the DL Platform.
- Not to avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or
otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by us
or any of our providers to protect any element of the DL
- Not to attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse
engineer any of the software used to provide any element of the DL
Platform or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in
doing any of the foregoing.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the DL
Platform, including the ability for user to create ‘actions’ and
post ‘comments’ in relation to the building and building services
and equipment monitored using the DL Platform. Any such actions,
comments, posts or other materials that you or other users upload or
post on the DL Platform are referred to in this policy as “User
In view of the nature of these interactive services and what they
relate to, we do not moderate the User Generated Content on the DL
Platform. Furthermore, we are under no obligation to oversee,
monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the DL
Platform, and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss or
damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in
contravention of our content standards.
These content standards apply to any and all User Generated Content
which you post or upload to the DL Platform. You must comply with
the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards
apply to each part of any User Generated Content as well as to its
User Generated Content must:
- Be accurate (where stating facts).
- Be genuinely held (where stating opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from
which it is posted.
- Not infringe the Prohibited Uses above.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a
breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the DL
Platform. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take
such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may constitute a
material breach of the terms and condition upon which you are
permitted to use the DL Platform, and may result in our taking all
or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to
use the DL Platform.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or
material uploaded by you to the DL Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on
an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable
administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as
we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may
take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We take your privacy seriously and comply with our obligations
under data protection laws. To set up your account and provide you
with secure access we hold your name and email address. For details
of how we handle and protect this ‘personal data’ please see our
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending
this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to
take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on