Demand Logic seeks a technical account manager to join our Operations team. We
are an award-winning software company forging new paths in the property
technology sector with our ground-breaking approach to building performance
Our customers use our software to reduce the energy used in their buildings; to
increase the comfort and well-being of building users, and to reduce the cost
of maintaining their heating, ventilation and cooling assets. Our customers
love our product; the majority see a return on their investment within the
first few months of using Demand Logic.
We’re on a sustainability mission to get buildings to work properly, and we
need your help to do it. As the customer interface of Demand Logic, the
Operations team is critical to delivering a successful user experience.
Purpose of role
- To effect a smooth customer transition from sales opportunity to new account, ensuring that users receive appropriate training and embed Demand Logic into their workflow.
- To meet regularly with customers to support their ongoing needs.
- To undertake analysis and commenting of customer’s sites.
- To identify key stakeholders; integrate with the relevant customer teams; encourage them to renew; and seek opportunities for growth / expansion of the contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Onboarding new accounts
- Attend ‘Sales to Operations’ handover meeting, acquire detailed site information, set up customer accounts
- Support installation, led by Technical Services Manager (TSM)
- Set up initial asset model and views, in collaboration with TSM
- Arrange and conduct kick-off meeting
- Undertake customer training
- Deliver in-depth support for first month, with support from TSM
- Ongoing account management
- Arrange and attend regular customer meetings
- Identify need for and deliver ongoing training (refresher and new users)
- Undertake analysis and commenting, creating bespoke reports if required
- Provide information to assist Business Development in creating case studies
- Create simple ad hoc lab views, supported by TSM
- Actively manage outstanding building performance actions in conjunction with customer
- Review completed actions and ascertain whether actually complete
- Keep detailed records of all customer information and interactions
- Contribute to continual improvement of the system, eg analysis, visualisations and usability, from customer feedback and personal experience
- Contribute to assessment of priorities for bugs, new features and improvements
- Account retention and growth
- Identify key stakeholders and achieve deep integration with customer at all appropriate levels
- Support and encourage customer to re-sign contract
- Actively seek opportunities to grow the contract, where applicable
Skills and experience
- Experience of account management in a technical field, preferably related to building services engineering
- Understanding of building performance, energy efficiency & building controls
- Literate and numerate
- High level of computer literacy
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve objectives on time
- Self-driven, motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Uses initiative and creativity to resolve problems
- HNC/degree in a relevant discipline, such as building services engineering
- Experience with BMS or building services engineering
About the company
Though still a relatively small company, Demand Logic has developed
a strong client base that includes blue chip companies and world-class
universities. Though most buildings are in the UK, we have global
ambitions and are already working with clients in the USA and Asia.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you think
you would be suitable for the position, to:
Please use the job title and reference number as your email
subject line. (No agencies, please.)
Diversity, equality, inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from
all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender,
disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We positively encourage applications from groups typically
underrepresented in STEM.