Demand Logic Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the rules and content standards that apply when you use the Demand Logic website and cloud software (the “DL Platform”), upload content or data, or interact with other users.
The DL Platform, located at demandlogic.co.uk and its sub-domains, is operated by Demand Logic Ltd (“we” or “us”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 06458599 and with registered office at Runway East, The Hickman, 2 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1EW.
Account access and security
In order to provide you with secure access to your user account, we will create an account with your email address and a temporary password. When you first access your account, you must change your password to a strong password that only you know. Your password is part of our security procedures and you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose the details to any third party. You must never share your account details or password.
We have the right to disable any user account if we have reason to believe there is a security breach.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must contact email@example.com.
You may use the DL Platform only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the DL Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re‐use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time‐bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights.
- To post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that:
- infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or
- promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- For any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by our terms and conditions under which your access is provided.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, store, copy or re‐sell any part of the DL Platform, including displaying, mirroring or framing our the DL Platform, or any individual element of it, the trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the DL Platform, without our prior written consent.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the DL Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the DL Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the DL Platform.
- Not to avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers to protect any element of the DL Platform.
- Not to attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide any element of the DL Platform or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the DL Platform, including the ability for user to create ‘actions’ and post ‘comments’ in relation to the building and building services and equipment monitored using the DL Platform. Any such actions, comments, posts or other materials that you or other users upload or post on the DL Platform are referred to in this policy as “User Generated Content”.
In view of the nature of these interactive services and what they relate to, we do not moderate the User Generated Content on the DL Platform. Furthermore, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the DL Platform, and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards.
These content standards apply to any and all User Generated Content which you post or upload to the DL Platform. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any User Generated Content as well as to its whole.
User Generated Content must:
- Be accurate (where stating facts).
- Be genuinely held (where stating opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted.
- Not infringe the Prohibited Uses above.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the DL Platform. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may constitute a material breach of the terms and condition upon which you are permitted to use the DL Platform, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the DL Platform.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the DL Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How we protect personal data
We take your privacy seriously and comply with our obligations under data protection laws. To set up your account and provide you with secure access we hold your name and email address. For details of how we handle and protect this ‘personal data’ please see our Privacy Notice.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.